Monday 29 July 2013

If awesome...

Instead of working on my day job yesterday, I decided to play along with a CSI challenge instead...

The challenge specified the following:

So I gathered what I could from my stash, and made this:

 
One of the prompts got me thinking about some of the "awesome" qualities of my 9-year old son. As I was jotting down a few ideas, I realised that in my eyes, he is "awesome" personified. So quite a long title was born.
 


I really had fun playing with embellishments on this one. There is a chipboard feather, coloured with Distress Ink, then covered with Distress Stickles for a bit of sparkle. There's also a number of chipboard hearts, covered in word stickers and few silver metal embellishments.

 
My journaling is on 6 tags, each corresponding to a different aspect of his personality. Each tag lives in its own vellum pocket, decorated with stamping, washi tape, word stickers and die cut numbers.


This is the first time I participate in a CSI challenge, and I found it very interesting to work with so many "clues", instead of just a sketch. Definitely something I will try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment